by Mazza Concrete | Jun 30, 2016 | Epoxy Floors
If you are interested in epoxy flooring in Michigan, please call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3005 for a free consultation.
10 Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
Floors are usually something to which we don’t pay much attention unless something is wrong with them and yet they are an essential part of workday productivity and safety. You may want to consider an alternative flooring option for your facility and its potential impact. One of these options is epoxy floor coating.
Epoxy is a material that acts as a sealant for concrete floors. Epoxy coatings can be used on floors for commercial buildings, walkways, even on walls or ceilings at times, and most commonly on garage floors. Many facilities that have already experienced the benefits of epoxy flooring are commercial or industrial buildings such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, pharmaceutical buildings, food or beverage plants, even laboratories. Here are the major benefits of installing epoxy coating in your building:
- Durability: Concrete floors coated in epoxy last longer and resist considerable wear, thus saving you money and allowing you to manage other business concerns.
- Strength: Once the epoxy has been converted to a solid polymer, it becomes incredibly strong and prevents chemical breakdown.
- Saves time: Epoxy flooring is usually quickly and easily installed, which means less time shutting down production for installation.
- Low maintenance cleaning: Once concrete has the epoxy coating, it is no longer porous since sealed and is therefore easier to clean.
- Aesthetic: Coatings are usually available in an array of colors and patterns to fit your specific style.
- Chemically resistant: Epoxy coatings can survive continued exposure to potent chemicals, which is perfect for warehouses or plants that may be exposed to such materials.
- Safety: These coatings are also resistant to slippage, temperature, extreme impact and even fire, maintaining both the safety of your employees and your building.
- Brightness: Typically, a high gloss option for coatings can be provided, which improves lighting in your facility to a significant degree due to reflection.
- Lowers vehicle maintenance: Choosing an epoxy coating can also reduce wear on vehicles in your facility because it is more forgiving on machinery.
- Helps the environment: Lastly, epoxy coatings are a green option for your business because of the reduction in material usage. It is a great alternative to adding on a completely new floor or replacing vehicles due to damage. source: corraypainting.com
Mazza Company Concrete provides top rated epoxy flooring services in Michigan. Call (248) 625-3005 to schedule a free Michigan epoxy flooring consultation.
by Mazza Concrete | Jun 30, 2016 | Epoxy Floors
Mazza Company Concrete provides professional installation of epoxy floors in Oakland County, MI. Please call (248) 625-3005 for a free consultation.
Epoxy Floor Coating Advantages
Using an epoxy floor coating over your concrete floors will create a high gloss, hard wearing, and durable surface. These floor coatings offer a number of benefits and advantages from the initial installation stages to the long-term maintenance steps. For example, epoxy floor coatings are quick to install and are durable and easy to clean. Because of the many advantages that epoxy floor paint offers, this is an ideal flooring solution for many types of situations.
The following are some of the main advantages associated with choosing an epoxy floor coating for your commercial or industrial building. Your new epoxy floor coating will:
- Create an easy to clean, seamless surface: Our epoxy floor coating products dry to become durable, seamless surfaces that can easily be wiped free of dirt, dust, and debris. Because of this ability for easy cleaning, our epoxy floor coating services are ideal for food, beverage, and pharmaceutical preparation and packaging plants.
- Result in a hard wearing and durable surface: Our epoxy floor coating products turn concrete floors into a seamless and durable, high performance surface that will last for years to come.
- Provide an attractive flooring surface: Our epoxy floor coatings dry to a high gloss shine and are available in a variety of different colors and styles. You can chose to use one solid color or create a decorative pattern using several colors in order to create an attractive and durable flooring solution.
- Become a chemically resistant surface: Epoxy floor coatings are a chemically resistant flooring option for manufacturing plants, warehouses, and industrial plants.
- Improve safety: Our epoxy floor coating products can improve safety by creating a slip, impact, heat, and fire resistant flooring solution. These high gloss floor coatings can also improve brightness in a work area by 300%.
- Allow for designated traffic and work zones: We can use different colors of our epoxy floor coating products simultaneously to define safety zones, forklift traffic zones, and other work zones.
- Increase productivity capabilities: Using epoxy floor coatings in a factory, warehouse, or industrial plant can reduce wear on transport vehicles, allow for faster material movement, and prevent wear and damage to the floor.
- Offer an environmentally friendly flooring solution: Epoxy floor coatings are an environmentally friendly flooring solution for companies interested in choosing “green” alternatives and building materials.
- Allow for quick and easy application: Our epoxy floor coatings are self-leveling products. This allows our experienced professionals to apply an epoxy floor coating quickly over any new or old concrete floors.
- Offer a cost efficient flooring solution: Epoxy floor coating installation from our professional and experienced epoxy flooring providers is an affordable flooring solution. The durable and hard wearing surface that results from our floor coatings will last for years to come with little to no need for maintenance or up keep costs. source: epoxyflooringandconcretestain.com
If you are interested in professional epoxy flooring in Oakland County, Michigan please call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3005 today.
by Mazza Concrete | May 15, 2016 | Epoxy Floors, Garages
A new type of epoxy coating that is increasing in popularity is known as metallic coatings. This new type of epoxy-based system allows you to “guild” your concrete to replicate the look of copper, silver, aged bronze, nickel, and other shimmery patinas. Some of these coatings contain real metallic powders, while others use special reflective pigments. They are especially popular for floors in retail, office, and restaurant settings, where a modern, upscale look is desired.
If you would like more information about epoxy flooring in Rochester Hills, MI, and surrounding areas please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!
by Mazza Concrete | May 8, 2016 | Epoxy Floors
Even though epoxy floors can be a great solution for certain floors, particularly garages, there are a few things to consider before going with it. The biggest drawback of epoxy coatings is that they don’t “breathe,” so they will trap any moisture vapor coming up from the concrete slab. Before applying an epoxy, we recommend having your floor tested first for the moisture-vapor emission rate. If the rate is too high, the epoxy topping can delaminate.
If you would like more information about epoxy floorings and if they will be right for you in Oakland County, MI, and surrounding areas please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!
by Mazza Concrete | Apr 22, 2016 | Epoxy Floors, Garages
A garage floor coating is one of the most economical and aesthetically pleasing ways to enhance a plain gray concrete garage floor. The use of these heavy-duty epoxy-based systems not only upgrade the look of the floor, they also increase resiliency to stains and tire marks and hide minor imperfections. Epoxy has many colors available for you to choose from for the base coating, which can be further enhanced by decorative quartz or paint chips. Garage floor coatings give you a wide array of design options.
If you would like more information about epoxy flooring in Bloomfield Hills, MI, and surrounding areas please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!
by Mazza Concrete | Apr 8, 2016 | Epoxy Floors
Epoxy floor coatings provide a wear resistant, and chemical resistant, surface for garage floors. Many manufacturers of epoxy coatings come in a wide variety of color options including several choices of color flake chips.
If you would like more information about epoxy flooring in Birmingham, MI, and surrounding areas please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!