by Mazza Concrete | Apr 27, 2022 | Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios
Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios – Mazza Company Concrete
If you are searching for Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios, please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free estimate. Click here to see photos of our work or Follow Us on Facebook!
In the recent years, exposed aggregate concrete has become everyone’s favorite and is a big household name today! This exposed aggregate concrete is a decorative form of surface concrete. It is used in sidewalks, driveways and patios. It looks so unique and extraordinary because of the presence of stone, pebbles and sand. And to bring out the various designs and effects or patterns, the finishing of exposed aggregate concrete is done by stripping the surface or by seeding.
You can achieve a decorative driveway, sidewalk or patio by using the exposed aggregate concrete. Therefore, in order to get a spectacular look at reasonable cost, exposed aggregate concrete is the way to go!
There are various benefits also that come with the installation of exposed aggregate concrete.
#1. Highly customizeable
- You can add various materials, create unique designs, modify them to form new patterns and get bold or subtle effect according to your taste and preference.
- With a wide range of texture and an array of colors to choose from you can be free to choose them at your will and create something new and beautiful.
#2. Complements designs
The best thing about these exposed aggregate concretes is that they are highly versatile.
- They can easily blend in with almost any design. They can be also pulled off with a house that has natural stones.
- The colors can be as subtle and as bold as you want. You can go ahead and add almost any material like quartz, granite, limestone or basalt that would enhance your home even more.
#3. High durability
- Since this decorative process has the structural integrity of concretes it is highly durable and sturdy.
- This will create a natural aggregate finish that will ensure not only the ability to withstand heavy traffic but also make it look beautiful.
- The material is able to sustain various elements like a heavy weight and other climatic or non-climatic conditions, without sinking or damaging the surface.
#4. Safe and resistance to traffic
- This is a very sturdy and a strong option to get your driveway, patio or sidewalks to be decorated in.
- They are made in such a way that they are able to withstand heavy traffic without causing any sinking or damage to the floor.
- This solid floor plan would be safe in all the conditions and resistant to traffic.
- Another big benefit is that this exposed aggregate concrete surface is slip-resistant. Because of this property, it is extremely safe for children and elderly both.
#5. Most practical solution
- Exposed aggregate concretes give you a more appealing, stylish and modern flooring that is sure to grab everyone’s attention!
- This is a material that will create a more natural looking pathway that basically needs less or no maintenance at all.
- It just needs regular cleaning of the installed concrete so that it is hygienic and clean.
- By installing these exposed aggregate concrete, you will be eliminating the formation and growth of any kind of weeds or moss altogether. Thus, it makes exposed a practical and beneficial choice for home owners.
Exposed aggregate concrete does not only have durability but also has a range of design possibilities that you can take full advantage of. Different colors and textures enable you to form your own unique design. Exposed aggregate concrete designs involve artful combinations of many materials like stones etc. to give you a design that is unique in its own way.
Although you will require a professional to help you carry out this process, it will be worth every penny. So, it is not only important that you get the best materials and best quality aggregates, but it is also important that you hire a professionally skilled contractor to turn your dream into a reality!
For gorgeous and customized Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios, call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free quote.
by Mazza Concrete | Jun 27, 2019 | Exposed Aggregate Driveway
Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveway Service – Mazza Company Concrete (248) 625-3305
If you are in need of a Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveway Service, please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free estimate. Click here to see photos of our work or check us out on Facebook.
Advantages of Exposed Aggregate Finishes
Easy to maintain and naturally skid-resistant, exposed aggregate is an ideal decorative treatment for concrete driveways. Portland Cement Association
With an exposed aggregate finish, you can achieve spectacular effects at a reasonable cost because few additional materials (other than the decorative aggregate) and tools (beyond basic finishing tools) are required.
Here are some other notable advantages of exposed aggregate finishes:
•The basic procedures are simple enough for experienced finishers to master easily.
•The surface is rugged, nonskid, and resistant to heavy traffic and weather extremes.
•Many types and sizes of decorative aggregate are available to achieve unlimited color and texture variations.
•Exposed aggregate is highly versatile and contrasts beautifully with plain concrete or other decorative treatments such as stamping, stenciling, staining, and integral coloring.
•Little maintenance is required, other than sealing and occasional cleaning.
For a top rated Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveway Service, please call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!
by Mazza Concrete | Aug 28, 2018 | Exposed Aggregate Driveway
Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveways – Mazza Company Concrete (248) 652-3305
Mazza Company Concrete specializes in top rated Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveways. Call us at (248) 652-3305 for a free estimate or click here for more information. You may also Follow Us on Facebook.
What is Exposed Aggregate?
The term Exposed Aggregate is exactly that. We expose the stone that we make the concrete from. The result is a very hard-wearing surface (after all, stone is generally harder than concrete).
To create different finishes, we use a variety of aggregates, including quartz, granites, basalts and marble, to name a few. The color of the concrete can be either a similar color to your stone choice, or a contrast. Results can be stunning. Exposed aggregate concrete is used in driveways, footpaths, pool surrounds – anywhere that concrete or paving slabs are used.
Water Wash Finish
Ideal for driveways, pool surrounds and pathways. A cost-effective, hard-wearing surface that adds value and distinction to your home.
By sandblasting, any rough edges on the stone are removed, giving a slightly smoother surface. Sandblasting is a preferred method for vertical surfaces or extremely steep driveways.
The ultimate outdoor finish it is designed as a nonslip, highly durable semi smooth surface. It is ideally suited to pool decks, courtyards, Alfresco, pool and spa houses, outdoor kitchens and even driveways. Providing a stunning low maintenance finish. Our Pavilion finish is something you will be proud to show your family and friends.
Grinding and Polishing Finish
Remember terrazzo? Well, this is more refined. Suitable for internal floors and outdoor covered areas. The concrete surface is ground and then finally buffed to give you a mirror-like finish. At the end of the grinding process, the concrete surface is extremely hard and does not require sealing. Whether used as a feature, or for the whole floor in your new home; it’s simply stunning. source: mentonepremix.com.au
Mazza Company Concrete provides custom Michigan Exposed Aggregate Driveways. Contact us at (248) 652-3305 for a free quote.
by Mazza Concrete | Jul 12, 2018 | Exposed Aggregate Concrete, Exposed Aggregate Concrete Michigan, Exposed Aggregate Driveway
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Michigan – Decorative Concrete by Mazza Company Concrete in Clarkston Michigan since 1995. Through many years of experience working with decorative concrete, Mazza Company Concrete has mastered the art of exposed aggregate in Michigan. Click here to see photos of our exposed aggregate work or Follow Us on Facebook!
View some our recent Exposed Aggregate Concrete Services in Michigan:
Stamped Concrete, Exposed Aggregate Concrete, Standard Concrete, and Commercial / Industrial Concrete Services
Mazza Company Concrete, Inc., established by Eugene Mazza, is a premier concrete company serving Oakland County and surrounding communities since 1995. From custom residential to commercial / industrial projects, Mazza Company Concrete, Inc. will service all of your concrete needs from start to finish. We take great pride in our superb workmanship and in seeing our customer’s dreams transformed into reality.
The majority of our employees have been with us over 10 years and are skilled craftsmen with a passion for consistently providing a superior concrete product. In addition, we maintain a company leadership policy based on integrity and quality control management which produces 100% customer satisfaction.
Call us today at (248) 625-3305 for more information and a FREE estimate.
by Mazza Concrete | Apr 19, 2013 | Custom Driveways, Exposed Aggregate Concrete, Exposed Aggregate Driveway
Exposed Aggregate finishes are achieved by washing away the top layer of cement to leave the surface layer of aggregate exposed (controlled conditions safely collect the washings). There are many different colors and textures available. It all comes down to your preferences.
Just some of the options include:
- polished concrete floors and benchtops for indoors
- exposed aggregates for driveways and paths
- addition of other materials (glass, shells or colours) for a unique look
Give Mazza Company Concrete a call today at (248) 625-3305 for more information about exposed aggregate in Birmingham, MI and surrounding areas.