The following are some maintenance plans for your conrete patio:
1.Rinse dirt/debris off stamped concrete surface with a garden hose or pressure washer.
2. Apply a small amount of liquid dish soap to surface and scrub with a push broom.
3. Rinse well with a garden hose or pressure washer until there is no sign of soapsuds.
4. DRY surface completely by using a leaf blower or by waiting 24 hours to air dry.
DO NOT APPLY SEALER TO A DAMP/WET SURFACE.
5. Once the surface is completely dry, apply the sealer as follows:
- Stir in one jar of Anti-Skid material to a 5-gallon pail of sealer.
- APPLY SEALER USING A 1″ NAP ROLLER ONLY. ANTI SKID MATERIAL WILL NOT TRANSFER THROUGH A SPRAYER. Apply sealer in approximately 2′ x 4′ sections. This will ensure full coverage without missed spots. Keep stirring sealer while applying to keep the Anti-Skid suspended in the sealer.
- Sealer should be applied when air temperature is above 55 F. Best results will be obtained by applying sealer during cooler temperatures — fall and spring — or before 10 am and after 4 pm in summer months when surface temperatures should be under 90 F.
6. A second coat can be applied after the first coat is tack free (not sticky to your touch).
7. Your stamped concrete should be resealed every 2-3 years to protect your investment. One 5-gallon pail of sealer will cover approximately 1,000 sq.ft.
If you would like a free estimate or more information about concrete patios in Waterford, MI, and surrounding areas, call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 today!