by Mazza Concrete | Apr 27, 2022 | Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios
Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios – Mazza Company Concrete
If you are searching for Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios, please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free estimate. Click here to see photos of our work or Follow Us on Facebook!
In the recent years, exposed aggregate concrete has become everyone’s favorite and is a big household name today! This exposed aggregate concrete is a decorative form of surface concrete. It is used in sidewalks, driveways and patios. It looks so unique and extraordinary because of the presence of stone, pebbles and sand. And to bring out the various designs and effects or patterns, the finishing of exposed aggregate concrete is done by stripping the surface or by seeding.
You can achieve a decorative driveway, sidewalk or patio by using the exposed aggregate concrete. Therefore, in order to get a spectacular look at reasonable cost, exposed aggregate concrete is the way to go!
There are various benefits also that come with the installation of exposed aggregate concrete.
#1. Highly customizeable
- You can add various materials, create unique designs, modify them to form new patterns and get bold or subtle effect according to your taste and preference.
- With a wide range of texture and an array of colors to choose from you can be free to choose them at your will and create something new and beautiful.
#2. Complements designs
The best thing about these exposed aggregate concretes is that they are highly versatile.
- They can easily blend in with almost any design. They can be also pulled off with a house that has natural stones.
- The colors can be as subtle and as bold as you want. You can go ahead and add almost any material like quartz, granite, limestone or basalt that would enhance your home even more.
#3. High durability
- Since this decorative process has the structural integrity of concretes it is highly durable and sturdy.
- This will create a natural aggregate finish that will ensure not only the ability to withstand heavy traffic but also make it look beautiful.
- The material is able to sustain various elements like a heavy weight and other climatic or non-climatic conditions, without sinking or damaging the surface.
#4. Safe and resistance to traffic
- This is a very sturdy and a strong option to get your driveway, patio or sidewalks to be decorated in.
- They are made in such a way that they are able to withstand heavy traffic without causing any sinking or damage to the floor.
- This solid floor plan would be safe in all the conditions and resistant to traffic.
- Another big benefit is that this exposed aggregate concrete surface is slip-resistant. Because of this property, it is extremely safe for children and elderly both.
#5. Most practical solution
- Exposed aggregate concretes give you a more appealing, stylish and modern flooring that is sure to grab everyone’s attention!
- This is a material that will create a more natural looking pathway that basically needs less or no maintenance at all.
- It just needs regular cleaning of the installed concrete so that it is hygienic and clean.
- By installing these exposed aggregate concrete, you will be eliminating the formation and growth of any kind of weeds or moss altogether. Thus, it makes exposed a practical and beneficial choice for home owners.
Exposed aggregate concrete does not only have durability but also has a range of design possibilities that you can take full advantage of. Different colors and textures enable you to form your own unique design. Exposed aggregate concrete designs involve artful combinations of many materials like stones etc. to give you a design that is unique in its own way.
Although you will require a professional to help you carry out this process, it will be worth every penny. So, it is not only important that you get the best materials and best quality aggregates, but it is also important that you hire a professionally skilled contractor to turn your dream into a reality!
For gorgeous and customized Michigan Exposed Aggregate Patios, call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free quote.
by Mazza Concrete | Feb 24, 2022 | Michigan Exposed Aggregate Service
Michigan Exposed Aggregate Service – Mazza Company Concrete (248) 625-3305
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Exposed Aggregate Service, please contact Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free estimate. Click here to see photos of our exposed aggregate projects or Follow Us on Facebook!
Pictured above are just some examples of our beautiful exposed aggregate projects!
Concrete surfaces don’t have to look dull and ordinary. Perhaps you’ve admired a neighbor’s stunning and decorative concrete driveway, sidewalk or patio and didn’t know how this look was obtained. Basically, it’s done by removing the top concrete layer.
As a result, the attractive color and texture of the aggregate lying underneath is revealed. There are several advantages of exposed aggregate concrete, also known as simply aggregate concrete. Here are a few of the benefits, along with some considerations and warnings.
DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY
One of the main perks of having an exposed aggregate concrete surface is its exceptional durability as it holds up very well in heavy traffic. Because it’s constructed from concrete, aggregate concrete can last for four decades or even longer. This can help in saving money as you won’t have to replace your concrete surface later.
This type of concrete surface can endure extreme weather, which can be a huge plus for Minnesota homeowners who deal with a lot of snow and ice. In summer, your aggregate concrete surface does just as well in handling direct sunlight and rain.
A WIDE CHOICE OF COLORS AND DECORATIVE AGGREGATES
Another important benefit is the many colors that this concrete surface can provide. You don’t have to settle for dreary black or gray colors when you have an exposed aggregate concrete. The tiny stones lying on the top can consist of a rainbow of colors that match or go well with the exterior colors of your house. On the other hand, you may want contrasting colors to add interest.
What’s more, there’s also a wide variation in textures and sizes. The texture can depend on stone size. While some stones are tiny, others are larger and can be different shapes.
Many homeowners prefer aggregate concrete surfaces because not much maintenance is required. All you need to do is occasionally clean your concrete surface with water.
You’ll also need to have your concrete sealed initially to give it a glossy appearance. After the first sealing, you should reseal it about every three to five years so that the concrete keeps its shiny look.
Furthermore, an exposed aggregate driveway is considerably safe. Keep in mind that this type of surface is skid-resistant. This is because of the layered, small stones on the concrete surface which gives it texture so that it’s more unlikely to slip and fall.
TECHNIQUES USED TO CREATE EXPOSED AGGREGATE CONCRETE
Three different ways are can be used to create floors that have exposed aggregate concrete. Monolithic, which is the easiest method, is also the most popular one. This process entails batching the aggregate into concrete when concrete is being made. A smaller aggregate, called “pea stone” is the one that’s typically used in the monolithic technique.
The seeded method involves placing aggregate over concrete. This should begin shortly after the concrete has been laid. Using mechanical spreaders can give more coverage, but hand broadcasting is the method that’s most commonly used.
The overlay method is used on existing concrete that’s in good condition to make it look new. This is done by mixing aggregate overlay material and then applying the mixture over the old concrete.
CONSIDERATIONS AND CAUTIONS
- An additional advantage of exposed aggregate concrete is its ability to conceal tire marks on a concrete surface. This is due to the fact that the aggregate material is made up of various colors that can easily hide marks and stains.
- Aggregate concrete doesn’t require as many additional tools and materials as other types of decorative techniques do.
- Several factors can affect the cost for applying exposed aggregate concrete, such as the condition of a surface area, stone type and labor rate. If special preparation is needed, the price can increase.
- It’s best to let a professional do the job of laying the surface. Consider that most homeowners lack the knowledge and experience to know how to properly pour, expose, wash and seal a concrete surface. Also, this process can take as long as several weeks.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Exposed Aggregate Service, call Mazza Company Concrete at (248) 625-3305 for a free quote.